The iconic mystery solving teenager from the classic Nancy Drew books is back with an all-new feature length film that will keep you guessing until the very end! I, myself, have some fond memories of reading the detective series while growing up. Whether it was a whispering statue or a secret in the attic, I loved trying to figure things out right along with Nancy Drew. Now, we can watch the written mystery unfold on screen! Nancy Drew and the Hidden Staircase is now available on Digital and Blu-ray and I have a chance for YOU to win your very own copy!
Warner Bros. Home Entertainment provided me with a free copy of the Blu-ray to review in this Blog Post. The opinions I share are my own. This post does contain affiliate links. Please see my Disclosure policy for more information.
Uncover the Mystery When Nancy Drew And The Hidden Staircase
After the death of his wife, Carson Drew decides to leave Chicago behind and make a fresh start with his daughter in River Heights. But, for 16-year-old Nancy Drew, life in a small town is mighty dull. She longs for excitement, adventure, and the chance to make a difference. Nancy gets that opportunity when she is asked to help solve the ghostly activity at the Twin Elms mansion. Can she help explain the creaking footsteps, exploding lightbulbs and the ominous creature? Is it the handiwork of high-school bully Derek Barnes? Or is it possible that the ghost of original owner Malcolm Colfax is back for revenge? Recruiting her best friends George and Bess, along with local “mean girl” Helen, Nancy Drew is on the case!”
Interview with Sophia Lillis
Several mom writers and bloggers (including yours truly) recently had the opportunity to spend some time on the phone with the movie’s lead, teenage actress Sophia Lillis. During the call, we listened as Lillis shared about the audition process, balancing schoolwork with being on the set and the challenges of playing a character more light-hearted than her other roles in more darker films (Lillis is best known for her role as Beverly Marsh in Stephen King’s 2017 remake of IT). The teen talked about how the most recent update to Nancy Drew’s character, who has evolved over the years with the changing times, does a good job at connecting the iconic teen with a brand new audience.
During our chat, we also talked about the emphasis the film places on friendship. Lillis personally finds herself quite lucky to have a very close, core group of friends with whom she does everything. She feels that friendship thrives in a scenario where friends accept each other for whom they are no matter what.
When I had the chance to ask her a question…
I asked what it is she hopes young minds will take away from watching Nancy Drew and the Hidden Staircase. Lillis was quite direct when she stated she wants young girls and boys both to walk away energized to pursue their dreams. She has been fortunate enough to have the opportunity to do so herself and she sees Nancy Drew as being another good example of perseverance, a character driven to find answers and solve problems in spite of obstacles. That is what fuels Sophia’s energy and she would love to see more of the younger generation feeling empowered enough to pursue what they love without letting anything stand in their way.
The Movie is out on Digital now and on Blu-Ray
For all those Nancy Drew fans and young problem solvers out there, Warner Bros. Home Entertainment has recently released Nancy Drew And The Hidden Staircase on Digital (March 26, 2019) and in a Blu-ray™ Combo Pack & DVD (April 2, 2019).
SUGGESTED RETAIL PRICE:
- $19.99 for the Digital
- $19.98 for the DVD
- $28.98 for the Blu-ray Combo Pack.
BONUS FEATURES INCLUDE:
- A Sleuth, A Girl and an Inspiration (Featurette)
- Pink Footprints: Touring Twin Elms (Featurette)
- Gag Reel
In short, it’s a fun film with a creative mystery for young minds to enjoy and perfect for families to watch together!
And speaking of fun…
CHECK THIS OUT!!
Ready to solve some of your own mysteries?
Take a peek at the embedded Nancy Drew And The Hidden Staircase Escape Room & Mystery Match Blog App below Use it to solve riddles and find items in order to uncover the three numbers needed to open the door.
In addition, use your mouse in the Mystery Match Video Puzzle to click and drag puzzle pieces to unlock clips from the film.
Enter to win your own Blu-ray copy of Nancy Drew and the Hidden Staircase!!
Enter today! Contest runs 4/2/19 through
4/6/12 4/12/19** (11:59 PM EST).
**To increase chances, yes, I adjusted the end date from 4/6 to 4/12!!!
(See below for contest rules and guidelines).
**All photos courtesy of Warner Bros Entertainment
A FEW IMPORTANT PIECES OF INFORMATION:
- This giveaway runs from April 2, 2019, to April 12th, 2018 (11:59 PM, EST).
- The winner will be chosen randomly on April 13th through Rafflecopter Random Selector (which uses Random.org) and contacted via email. A reply is required within 48 hours or a new winner will be chosen. The winner’s entries will be verified and Footprints in Pixie Dust writer and owner, Tina M. Brown, is not responsible for any technical failures or for any sponsor’s inability to live up to his or her prize obligation, nor is she responsible for lost, broken, damaged or stolen prizes. The prize will be provided by the brand in exchange for the blogger’s inclusion of the above app in the post. This giveaway will have only one winner.
- The prize will be sent after April 15th. Please allow four to six weeks for delivery.
- This giveaway is open to U.S. entrants only. Must be 18 or older to enter. If entry requirements are not met as they are listed, you will be disqualified.
- Only one entrant per mailing address per giveaway is allowed. If you have won the same prize on another blog, you will not be eligible to win it again. Winner is subject to eligibility verification.
- Facebook, Twitter and Instagram are in no way associated with this giveaway.
- Footprints in Pixie Dust reserves the right to publish winner’s first name and last initial.
- This giveaway is subject to the laws of the state of Florida. Taxes due, if any, on prize winnings, are the sole responsibility of the winner. Void where prohibited by law.
BE SURE TO FOLLOW FOOTPRINTS IN PIXIE DUST ON:
- Facebook at Footprints in Pixie Dust by T.M. Brown
- Twitter at @footprintsinpd
- Instagram at @footprintsinpd